1. Favorite wargaming period, and why? Nappies. The spectacle, scope and majesty of it all is mind blowing to me.
2. Next period, money is no object? Samurai / Dark Ages / Sci Fi
|Seflfishly, my own walled temple.|
|This is a great subtle conversion done by Spacejacker of an AT-43 walker. How Orky does that look?|
3. Favorite five films? Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Step Brothers, Rounders, Godfather, Grosse Pointe Blank
4. Favorite five TV series? Community, Always Sunny, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Archer - And my favorite new thing - Kevin Pollack's Chat Show Podcast
5. Favorite book and author? Where it all started: Tolkien, The Hobbit, In College: Jacobs, The Detah and Life of Great American Cities, Today: I'm easy I want heroes, and bravery and carnage. Hands Down, anything by Bernard Cornwell.
6. Greatest general (yourself excluded)? Napoleon, of course
7. Favorite wargame rules? Right now, Black Powder/Hail Caesar
8. Favorite sport and team? Kansas City Chiefs.
9. If you had a one-use time machine, when and where would you go? As much as I would like to go back and prove many things wrong, I really want to go forward about 500 years and see what we have become. Stone age cave dwellers, or space faring terraformers. If nothing else, maybe we will all have health care by then.
10. Last meal on death row? Some thing that makes me shit a lot when they gas, poison or juice me. So Ponaks mexican food.
11. Fantasy relationship, and why? I have to agree with Mik on this one. Selma Hayek. You've seen her right. If not her, then the assitant on Suits.
12. If your life were a movie, who would play you? I wish it would be 'The Dude'. But it would probably be closer to John Goodman or Kevin James.
13. Favorite comic superhero? Longshot
14. Favorite military quote? "Dear Madam: I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant-General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle. I feel how weak and fruitless must be any words of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering to you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom. Yours very sincerely and respectfully, Abraham Lincoln." Beat that anybody...
15. Historical destination to visit? Normandy Beaches, Gettysburg, Waterloo
16. Biggest wargaming regret? Selling my classic 40k spacemarines ( a full company of units of the original different armor marks). I would still sell them. Just wish it was now.
17. Favorite fantasy job? Filthy rich person, philanthropist
18. Favorite song, top five? Yes, Gates of Delirium; Foo Fighters, The Pretender; Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath; Frank Sinatra, Last Dance; Marvin Gaye, Let's Get it On
19. Favorite wargaming moment? Painting minis at the Paint and Take at Recruits with all 3 of my sons(at the time 17, 10, 7)
20. The "miserable git" question, what upsets you? Lately, everything. Especially politics and the lies that all parties try to spoon down everyone's throats. Never trust someone who wants their job to be a politician.