Friday, May 18, 2012

They're here...

I got back to the office today and waiting on my desk was a great little package from Bruce at Hirst Arts. - My new molds are here!!! Yeah!!!

I will pour them up this weekend and let you know how it goes. I need to find a suitable tile base (foam, cork, mdf) to put the casts on. I need 2x hallways and 6x min rooms. Litko priced the 6x6 bases at $300.00 for 50. So I won't be doing that. I dont have a table saw or I would do them my self. For $300.00 I could buy a table saw.

I think I will concentrate on pouring the caverns and use the sci edge and floor molds as the off pours or scrapings. The cool thing about pouring plaster is, if you scrape your mold at the right time, the scraps off the tip are still plastic and you can slop those in a simple mold(usually a basic block or floor tile mold) and get more castings. Its pretty efficient and reduces waste. Of course I keep all the waste in a bucket and use it for rubble when I do post apoc stuff.

Poor little Hussars. I will be back soon. just needed a break.

No comments: