Tuesday, May 8, 2012

And now for something completely different...

So anybody play Infinity? A couple of websites I read and enjoy have really pimped it as a fun game. I haven't been in a hole. I have just ignored it. I thought just another excuse to sell $10.00 figs. But the rules themselves have been getting crazy good reviews by the folks that play them. And even GW purists can't look you in the face and say 40k is fun or fast or engaging to play the way its written.

What I know: it's expensive on a per figure basis. It's a skirmish size game. The rules are free.

What that means: expense is relative if you love the game, but not that relative. It's hard to pay those kind of prices for each figure. Yes it fits the rest of the industry but..., I like skirmish. Does it play with 4 to 8 people? It's important with our group. I like free rules. And the quick start rules read easy and are fun. Army lists are free too.

Bravo if what you really want to sell is miniatures.

I don't know if anyone else in the group would play these rules straight up with the Infinity miniatures. But if we use proxy minis, they'll try anything. If I buy and paint them all they'll play it too.

Gonna read the rules and see if I like them and try some simple solo games to understand the mechanics.

I do know one thing, I have been watching how beautiful these minis are And no other mini company has connected more with the military anime feel than infinity.  Just look at these:




Don't worry it's not a new period...yet.

No comments: