Monday, June 20, 2011

Black Powder - continued playtesting

Had a go again with Black Powder on Father's Day. The Baron http://baronvonj.blogspot.com/ and I played at his house. Just the two of us. BEen a long time since we did that. It was great fun. We used our ECW/TYW figs. I know mine have never seen a battle, but now they will for sure using Black Powder.

I am terrible about Battle Reports. Suffice it to say, we had 8 units of cav, 8 units of Infantry, and a cannon each. 4 brigades each. We finished in 2.5 hours including set up and take down. I love these rules. I never feel like I have gotten screwed after playing them. I have lost 2 out of the 3 times I played. I never feel like the guy who knows them the best or knows the intricacies of how to manipulate them will win. As simple and elegant as they seem, so far, the winning side, always has been the one with the best tactical set up and execution. and a little luck never helps. This and Hail Caesar opens up a whole new possibilities for during periods that we can still game, have fun, and enjoy great looking tables covered with minis.

They are a winner. I would encourage anyone who likes this style of gaming to pick up a set.





 Hail indeed. Late Roman/Arthurian/Viking/Saxons here I come! 



No comments: