Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ok I Lied

To you and myself. I had a 3 hr painting slot this weekend, and I filled it with...that Spanish Militia I said I didn't want to paint. And I don't think I'm gonna start any 15mm until I finish up the Spanish. I got about half done with the unit. I was flying too. I have belts, highlights on faces, hats and boxes, and finally muskets to finish.

This unit is a militia unit from 1811 that was issued dark blue trousers and coats, but no shakos, so they used their own local bell topped hats. And cheap muskets. A transitional uniform before the full British refit of the Army. It has red cuffs, white turnbacks and black hats. Should be a nice contrast to the white uniforms of the 1808 line infantry and the yellows of the Dragoons.

Since these guys were going so fast I got the Dragoons faces painted and inked at the same time. Soon canary jacketed horsemen, soon.

3 comments:

styx said...

Hey, painting progress is painting progress...take what you can get. That is my way of thinking!

Simon Quinton said...

Indeed often our minds go a kilter but work done is work done!

Lead Addict said...

Sometimes, for me, that quiick break away is just what I needed. I did not want to look at that Spanish unit. Dark blue pants, jackets, blah. But the went really quick of course, and these Front Rank figs are a dream to paint.

One more line unit after this and the Spanish Infantry is done. Now that's progress!.