Monday, July 11, 2011

Boredom...Post Apoc to the rescue

I have been in a bit of a rut lately. Doing prep work and getting ready to paint many things. But not painting anything. As usual, post apoc to the rescue.

I spent the time I had this weekend getting some more critters ready for Fallout/Post Apoc gaming.

Since one of the things in the aftermath has to be giant insects, I am doing some more Fallout 3 inspired Rad Scorpions and a Giant Beetle. All are dollar store soft plastic insects.

Since I already have some magenta/red ones, I am going to do these in blue or green. Greenies may do rad damage, bluies may do lightning strikes out of their stingers for ranged.

 The new Scorps based and drying, ready for primer and paint.

Close up for scale with 28mm fig

And here is a Giant Beetle, to scare the bejesus out of the guys driving
the makeshift vehicles. with 28mm fig for scale.

So while i had my hot glue gun hot, and I was waiting for the basing material to dry so I could primer the bugs, I of course started another project. At least it was for Post Apoc!

In the next post I will show you what I spent most of my painting time on this weekend...

No comments: