Monday, July 11, 2011

And what I spent most of my time on this weekend...

So as I was letting the basing material dry on my Rad Insects, and the hot glue gun was hot...I decided to bust out this:

 A two-story large ruin, with front porch, and a lift off second level.

The building is made up of materials I use for terrain/building projects and includes:
Balsa and Bass wood(random bulk bags from Hobby Lobby)
Single-Ply Carboard (from packing boxes)
Cocktail sticks and shapes
MDF base
Vacu Formed sheet textures(for tile, etc.)
Gatorboard( similar to foam board, but instead of paper sandwiching foam, its a thin hardboard sandwiching foam. ten time stronger than foamboard, but harder to cut.)
Hot Glue
Tacky Glue
Scatter and Rocks and whatever for rubble

Base of builing. Build up of Balsa, on a carboard floor, on an MDF base

Full base, 28mm fig

Building exterior wals roughed out. Note hangover for porch.

All exterior walls fastened to base(gatorboard). Crown molding for ceiling/floor
shown halfway up walls.

From the front, showing overhang and supports for second floor.
detail of first floor. Ruined stairs, and tile floor added.

Detail of hole in floor

Detail of front stairs, porch, and main entry

Rear of Building with second floor added.

Overall of rear of building.

Detail of lift-off second floor. Exposed floor joists, tile, and ruined walls.

Second floor with 28mm fig.

Detail shot of ruined stairs at first level 

Scale shot of second floor

Scale shot of second story overhang

So, that was about 4 hours this weekend. I am sure the insects are dry and ready to paint, but this has been too fun. Think I 'll keep going. After this, several rubble pieces, some Marx car rubble, and a selction of shanties.

No comments: