Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Winter Projects


Lucky 13. Thats the number of items on the list.

Since I have a hard time staying on target, I thought I would publish another winter project list. This one looks different than last years. I accomplished about 3 things of last years list, but I would say that I focused on my Nappy Brits for a good while and it was nice to get Phase I of that project done. Even though it has 3 more phases to it.

There was a lot of wishful think on the last list, so I hope I am much more focused on this list. So here it is:

0. Redo The Closet of Doom
1. 28mm D&D Heroes (2-3 dozen)
2. 28mm Dungeon Denizens (about 100 mixed)
3. Board mount SkeletonKey Games tiles
4. 15mm Sci Fi
5. Rebase 15mm Fantasy for Battle Lore
6. Make Ground Cloth and terrain for 15mm Fantasy
7. Build Litko ITS towers
8. Build Base for ITS Towers
9. Paint 4-5 Warbands for Mutants and DeathRay Guns
10. Paint 28mm Hudson and Allen Buildings
11. Finish Post Apoc rubble Buildings
12. Start Wralord or Arthur Armies inspired by Bernard Cornwell

0. Redo The Closet of Doom - the Closet of Doom needs a really bad make over. I am tired of the chaos. I plan to totally redo the closet and redo all the shelves and lighting and storage. This will probably coincide with the biggest speed bump in fornt of me for painting - A full basement redo. The wife and I are planning on a full basement remodel (new ceiling, new wiring and lighting, paint, new hardwood floors, new bar and poker table, new big screen tv and custom entertainment center, custom book shelves). this will seriously cut into painting and projects if it happens, but we shall see.

1. 28mm D&D Heroes (2-3 dozen) - Talked about these guys last post. I have over a dozen done, I am doing 1-2 a night average. So should be done by end of xmas.I also may paint during lunch at work. Should be done by Jan 1. :)

2. 28mm Dungeon Denizens (about 100 mixed) I have so much fantasy lead and plastic that picking 100 will be the hard part. It will be ratmen, lizardmen, gnolls, orcs, kobolds, trolls, spiders, owl bear, bugbears, undead, etc. All kinds of varied stuff for the Heroes to fight.

3. Board mount SkeletonKey Games tiles - I have about 30 sets of the wonderful Skeletonkey Games Tiles. I will print them and mount on foam core for a quick project that makes them a little more permanent (even though I have about 30 Hirst arts molds I want to have these so we can game quicker).

4. 15mm Sci Fi. I got bit by 15mm Sci even though I resisted it for years. Not sure on rules yet, but I like the GZG stuff a lot, and I also like Quick and Dirty Sci Fi Rules. I hope to get the Dog aliens and Lion Aliens for xmas to go with my Garn, Karks, Alien Mercs, and Arc Fleet.

5. Rebase 15mm Fantasy for Battle Lore - Played BAttle Lore at the Barons for the first time a couple of months ago. Loved it. I have all the Demonworld Armies still unpainted (except for the wood elves and orcs which are mostly done) and a ton of other painted 15mm fantasy. the BAron and I are going to rebase our 15mm fantasy armies to play BattleLore on the tabletop.

6. Make Ground Cloth and terrain for 15mm Fantasy - Need to make a ground cloth and hex grid for the tabletop version. Also terrain.

7. Build Litko ITS towers - I asked Santa for some of these great Litko ITS towers that harken to the days of original Necromunda. If I get them we will use them for Necromunda but probably more for Mutants and Deathray Guns. Can't wait.

8. Build Base for ITS Towers - I will need to make an industrial base for the ITS stuff. I dont want to play on a flat table. I will use pink stuff and make some similar to the ones on Litkos website, influenced by the videogame Battlefield 2142. I have so much stuff I can scratch build for this its sickening.

9. Paint 4-5 Warbands for Mutants and DeathRay Guns - If you are gonna have terrain to fight on, better have some figs for it. This is a left over from last year. Combination of NEcromunda figs, Pig Iron Figs, Copplestone figs, and anything else I have.

10. Paint 28mm Hudson and Allen Buildings - I have about 20-30 beautiful Hudson and Allen buildings and the GW plastic fantasy buildings and Mighty Fortress. I need to get them painted.

11. Finish Post Apoc rubble Buildings - A project I started in 09 to get a break from Nappies. I have 2 completely finished and I think they are the best terrain work I have ever done. I have 1 more thats been detailed and needs to be painted. I have 6 more to do. They are urban multi story buildings perfect for after the fall of civilization or for just really bad urban decay. Take your pick.

12. Start Warlord or Arthur Armies inspired by Bernard Cornwell - The biggie. I have been wanting to do this for a while. I just don't know which one to start. I have most of the figs already. Time will tell.


Well thats it. I am going to restrict myself to working on something on this list only. That way I can hopefully stay focused on fewer options. Its still an overly ambitious list that I know wont get completely done, but hopefully I will have enough done to :
1. Play with painted minis and monsters on high end graphic geomorph tiles for D&D .
2. Play Necromunda and Mutants and Deathray Guns on a fully 3D industrial tower layout.
3. Play Song of Blades and Heroes on some really great looking terrain.
4. Play Battle Lore with miniatures as a dedicated tabletop mini game.
5. Start a project that will last a very long time (Fall of Rome to Dark Ages).
I hope that in the end I will have 2 of these fully realized by the end of the winter, assuming the basement redo doesn't get in the way.

On the lead acquiring front, I really need to catch up with the Pig Iron releases, and there is so much good 15mm sci fi out there. And I know I may need to fill in here and there with a few fantasy figs.

Happy Gaming and keep your ferrels clean.

No comments: