Monday, January 11, 2010

Working on #4 - 15mm sci Fi - Progress


Well, I had a pretty productive weekend at the snowed in homestead. I painted Friday night for a bit to unwind from the week, while the boys played 360 and the wife played WoW. And got a couple of hours in Saturday listening to the K-State game, then almost all day Sunday in between watching the NFL wildcard games. What a great weekend. Oh and got in some serious lincoln log time with the youngest on sunday. At one point we had the whole family (except the teenager) doing lincoln logs. Pretty fun.

So here are some quick pics I shot this morning before we went out to the bus stop of the weekends work. I will post better when they have basing and flock.

These are my Alien Mercs army. The figs are all GZG, except the Command Walker, which is of course a DP9 Heavy Brawler Black Mamba (1/144). They work great with the 15mm scale of the GZG stuff. Just big enough to get a guy in, but not so huge to be rediculous. I will be using all the RAFM 1/87 scale Heavy Gear stuff for 28mm. They work great too.

The army is:
1-Command Walker
1-Commander
2-Elite Commandos
7-Line Mercs
2-RAM Mortars
3-HMG Support
3-Remote-Missle Vehicles
3-Remote-AutoCannon Support Vehicle

I also have a couple more Heavy Gear Mechs (Jagers) I will do for a 3 man team of Mechs.

Need to add some heavier firepower and some modility, but GZG has crap tons, so no problems there. Anyway, it was fun getting this whole 22 stand army done in a weekend.

Ze BAron and I talked and I think we are going to use Future War Commander, and barring that, we may just write our own.

REMINDER: Recruits Con is coming up last weekend in March.










No comments: