Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update

So I was sick last week and so I have been trying to catch up at work. But while I was sick, I worked on some terrain. I did a high fenced impound with chain fence and razor wire at the top. Maybe the fence is a little tall, but I wanted it to be a scure impound area instead of just a fenced off lot. looks good though. Pics later.

I have started the apparently long process of building the plastic box sets of mine and my sons GW High Elf army. I love the value, but hate the fiddlyness of the multipart plastic figs in the current box sets. It takes way too long to clip, scrape, and glue them together. They look good when done, but for a large army, what a nightmare. Glad the elites are metal. Got an old dragon with a swapped mount, the new plastic lord, old lead leftovers from previous editions and a couple of bolt throwers built. Probably build about 6-8 units then base them, and undercoat them. we'll see if my stamina will get me to the painting stage.

I am kinda digging the idea of warhammer/40k armies. rules will suck to play, but the armies are pretty. Al and I decided to play the edition of warhammer that is from the bretonnian and lizardmen box set. 3rd, 4th 5th, i don't know. We remember it as fun. I t may not be. MAy just be old men nostalgia. My brother in law and i are not very gamey, so it may be ok. Thinking hard about writing my own rules to combine all the things I like about a fantasy wargame. More on that later.

No comments: